Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 7 May 2018

CCM #211 No Patterned Paper

Our challenge today at Crafty Cardmakers is No Patterned Paper. Please stop by the team’s blogs and leave them some love.

211 No Patterned Papers 01

I started with a blank A3 white card which I created an approx A5 landscape card blank from. I stencilled onto that from an Imagination Crafts A4 stencil called Distressed Letter using Wilted Violet, Shaded Lilac, Broken China and Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxides. The blue/green frame is an Intricutz die, cut out of mirri card.

The feathers were a lot of fun to create. They are from Chocolate Baroque from their I shall Be Your Wings stamp sheet. There are several different styles and sizes of feathers and these two are sort of zentangled. I wanted to use the Colourcraft Soft Relief paste to make some textural feathers, but I wanted them to be multicoloured instead of the plain pearl of the paste, so before applying the paste I spritzed each stamp with water and then added some pixie powders. At this stage the stamps were very wet and I wasn’t sure that the paste would ever dry applying it to wet stamps so I mopped a little of the coloured water up with kitchen roll. In hindsight it might have been better to have made a paint from the powders and applied that as it would not have been so wet I think.

Anyhow I then added the paste with a palette knife, spread reasonably thinly and left to dry. Because it’s so hot at the moment it was dry in about 12 hours, but I’m guessing it would normally take closer to 48 hours. At that stage you bend the stamp a little and peel off the set paste and this is what I got.

Before

As you can see, at this stage they were very pale and there were some areas where there was no colour at all. Whilst the paste was drying a lot of the colour leeched right through to the reverse side, the non patterned side of the paste feathers. So as I had wanted them to be much brighter I used my versamark pen and instead added some Cosmic Shimmer sparkle pigments in similar shades to the Pixie Powders I used to start with.

This is what they looked like after - I forgot to take a pic until they were on the card!

After

As you can see, they were now much, much brighter, much more what I was after.

The final part of the card is a sentiment, ‘A Heart Without Dreams is like a Bird without feathers’ from the same stamp sheet which I stamped with Kaleidacolor Riviera inkpad.

The feathers and sentiment were backed with foam tape to give them a little height.

I am entering this into:-

A Inky Mess - #20 Anything Mixed Media Goes
Artistic Inspirations - #199 Anything Goes
Calling All Sistahs - #12 Encouragement Card
Classic Design Team - #25 Open Challenge
Creatalicious Challenges - #138 Anything Goes, Option Add a Sentiment
Create and Inspire - #73 Anything Goes, Option use a stencil
Creative Artiste - #38 Anything Mixed Media Goes
Heartful Stamping - #38 Anything Goes + a Stamp
Just For Fun Rubber Stamps - May: Use More Than One Stamp
Polkadoodles - #18 Anything Goes
Quick Quotes - #87 Add A 3D element (feathers are VERY dimensional)
Stamping Sensations - May: Close to Nature
Stamps & Stencils - Let’s Fake It (clearly my feathers are not real!)
Use Your Stuff - #310 Mood Board (Bottom Left bird, or rather his feathers!)
We Love 2 Create - #8 Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes

TW BLOG Signature

22 comments:

  1. Wow! Those feathers are gorgeous. Love the pearly sheen. Thank you for joining in with our challenge over at Stamps and Stencils. Toni x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfectly coloured feathers! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations Lin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! Those feathers are spectacular Lin! The colours are amazing and I love the sheen on them .. so gorgeous!! Stunning card!! Have a wonderful day! hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous feathers, I thought they were wonderful at the pale stage but wow, how beautiful when you finished them. Wonderful card Lin!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really lovely creation using the CB feathers, I certainly enjoyed working with them for the show. Love reading how you dealt with them to achieve that effect, one of those when you think "why didn't I think of that".

    Many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations 'Close to Nature' theme.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was it your sample with the soft relief paste? I couldn't for the life of me remember who Lesley said it was. I knew I didn't want mine to be one colour though. When I have time I am going to experiment to see the best way to get the paste to colour, either before applying it over the stamp, or just as I finally did, versamark pen and pigment powders. Long experiment though as they take so long to dry.

      Delete
  6. WOW, what a great technique and the result is just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your art with us at JFF Stamps! Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks fantastic love the technique you have used Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Michelle DT Owner/Admin for http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow absolutely stunning Lin, I love the effect.
    Hugs Julie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the feathers on your pretty card, Thanks for sharing with us at Polkadoodles Crafting Challenge! Best of luck with your entry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is an amazing card, Dear Lin....
    Love these shiny feathers so much. Great card it is.

    Hugs
    Dr Monika Tripathi Shukla

    ReplyDelete
  11. So love those feathers, great card. Happy crafting from your DT friend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A stunning creation!I love the shimmery feathers! Thanks for joining in with our 'Close to Nature' theme at Stamping Sensations May challenge and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow the feathers are so cool and such a cool technique too :) Thank you for joining the Mood Board challenge over at Use Your Stuff
    Tina DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a very cool technique! I would love to see a video on how you created them!!!! Thanks for playing along with the Calling All Sistahs challenge! I hope you'll join us again with a new one starting on the 18th.

    ReplyDelete
  15. absolutely adore these feathers ... brilliant technique! must try this. Glad you have enjoyed the feathers so much! and thanks for joining us at stamps and stencils too! hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful technique! I love the feathers. Thanks for sharing at Just For Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful Lynn. Love the colours and design. Have a creative week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really pretty card. Those feathers are absolutely beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just so soft and pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at Just for Fun Rubber stamps! ~~Heidi @ My Little Stamping Blog

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello again, been scrolling through your lovely blog and loving your gorgeous projects, especially this card with the glorious feathers from CB, fabulous technique and love how you've coloured and added the texture with soft form.
    I've clicked on the follow button as I want to be able to see more of your makes, somehow my picture won't show up so you might not find me, Kate x x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely card. The feathers look awesome. Thank you for sharing with the Just For Fun Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails