Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 27 June 2016

CCM #167 Shabby Chic

Our challenge today at Crafty Cardmakers is Shabby Chic, and I am pleased to say we have the fabulous Woodware sponsoring us with a £12 voucher to be used in one of their online retailers.

167 Shabby Chic1

My card has been created from the components of the new Daisy Days stamps set and accompanying CD. The papers are from the cd, but the floral image, and the butterflies come from the stamp set. They are in component parts so you can put them together in a whole host of different ways so you are not always confined by having to use the same image.

Mine started off as a bit of a disaster. I had stamped and masked and stamped and masked and finally went to remove the, by now, very inky masks, only to tip one upside down right in the middle of my creation leaving a nasty black blob. As I didn’t want to just bung a butterfly over it, I had to start again.

I stamped onto mixed media paper and then watercoloured the image, the same with the butterflies. I also stamped the butterflies directly onto the background paper, which comes from the cd, so that the antennae and curly bits beneath the butterflies would still be there by I could be less pernickety in trying to cut them out! I also added glitter highlights to the flowers and all over the butterfly wings.

I distressed all the edges before sticking it all down and then added a die cut sentiment from Craftwork Cards’ Year of Sentiments pad, and half a dozen black and aurora borealis gems.

I am entering this into:-

Alphabet Challenge – I for Ink It Up
Crazy 4 Challenges – #342 Add a Butterfly
Creative Playground – #5 Tic, Tac, Toe (Top line – Gems, Sentiment, Flowers)
Fussy and Fancy – #166 Say It With Flowers
Inkspirational – #111 Masking
Morgan’s Art World – #13 Use Patterned Paper
OSAAT – #265 Anything Goes With Flowers
Penny Black – June: Flower Power
Polkadoodles – Week 24 Use A Die Cut
Robyn’s Fetish – #322 Butterflies
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge – Add Some Shimmer
Stampotique – #250 Butterflies and Flowers and All Things Garden

TW BLOG Signature

23 comments:

  1. Ohhh what a beautiful card Lin! I'm very impressed that you started again, I'm afraid I'm a bung a butterfly on it and see how it goes type of girl LOL
    PS my background text stamp is an oldie from Prima clear Stamps called "Notary" - the reference on the packet is #536305

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these colours Lin - gorgeous. And now I want those stamps, too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, beautiful card, such lovely details
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, Lin. Gorgeous papers and beautiful images. A feast for my eyes.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing card Lin!
    Thanks for joining us at Stampotique :)

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card.....shame you had to start again but I have been there in the past...and it has to be right! Your extra is certainly worth it,those butterflies are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Lin. I have just bought a Polkadoodles stamp and CD set, now I just have to find the time to play. Maybe in a year or two lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow!a stunning and beautiful card!
    Hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card and such pretty flowers
    Thanks for joining us at the SDC blog
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. A stunning card Lin. Your main image is beautiful and the matching backing papers are lovley. Sally.x.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet card. I love the butterflies.

    So glad you joined us at Morgan's ArtWorld.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing masking and colouring and I really like the distressing. Thanks for joining Ink

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just beautiful! Good luck in our 'Use A Die' challenge this fortnight at Polkadoodles

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aaaah lovely and thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice card, thanks for sharing it with us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge.
    Laurence DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!1 Beautiful Lin. Love it. Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lin, loving your card. There is so much detail and the butterflies are gorgeous. Have a great weekend and happy crafting, Angela x

      Delete
  18. Lin this is gorgeous! I love the colours and the stamping is lovely. Bec xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a lovely card and so much work - particularly re-doing it!. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at OSAAT. Good luck and we hope you join us again soon. Christine DT x

    ReplyDelete
  20. You must have wanted to cry when your mask slipped (been there, done that...), but so glad you persevered, because the result is outstanding! A rich-with-details gorgeous card! Your masking: marvelous! So glad you shared your creativity in the Inkspirational gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card - thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Me again! Thanks for joining us at Imagine That for our monthly challenge too.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails