Our challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers this fortnight is a Recipe by our lovely team member Joy.
1. Use stickers or punches
2. Use the colour orange or yellow
3. Include an animal or fish
So come along ladies (and gents) don’t be shy. You’ve got to be in it to win it!
Anyhow here is how I created ‘Joy’s Recipe Card’
I started with blank white card and inked it up with Dried Marigold, Scattered Straw and Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks, next I went over it with Cosmic Shimmer mica powder in Mango Orange. I inked up my cat stamp with versamark and stamped it in the middle, also I added the paw prints and sentiment in the same way. This had the effect of removing the Mango Orange powder and also left behind the original stickiness of the distress inks, so I then applied Cosmic Shimmer’s Topaz Sparkle powder over the top and the images popped out in a different colour. I gave it a light mist with some CS Angel mica which I had mixed with water. Sadly the shimmer is just not showing, lol
After I had trimmed it up I realised that I was left with an area that was the wrong size to be matted onto a punched around the page mat, and because I had to use punches, as per the recipe and I wanted to use the Martha Stewart PAP punches I decided to see if I could make it fit the size I wanted. I guess some PAPs are easier to match like this than others and this one was relatively easy. I worked out that each design required a repeat of 1.75 inches and realised that I could split that in two due to the way this particular punch was designed so I measured and cut a piece of Basic Grey to approx 5.87 inches square. The normal size for paps would have been 5” or 6.75". I punched the corners as normal and then did one punch in from each corner as normal, and an extra one on one side. That left me with approx half a design uncut, so I turned the punch upside down and had a fiddle until it looked about right and punched. You can see from the enlarged area at the foot of the image above that it did thin out one area of the pattern where I ended up overpunching it, but overall it actually looked quite good.
If it had not worked out right I could have placed an embellishment over any faulty area, but I was reasonably pleased with the way it worked so just decorated it up with various little flowers from my stash.
I should like to enter this in the Artful Inkables Challenge 25 - make your own background paper
I do hope you will come and join in the fun at Crafty Cardmakers, and look forward to popping by your blogs.