Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Saturday 22 May 2010

And Finally ............ well for today anyway


My Darling Daughter announced the other day that she and her fella are engaged. She has had a rough couple of years as she had an earlier stressful marriage.

This new bloke seems Top Brick material to me - you know the sort who would give you the top brick off the chimney! Well I like him anyway!


So I made them this card.


I combined two Tiddly Inks images into one as I loved her gothic styling, but the only couple she had were in wedding gear and they weren't quite what I was aiming for.

I have made the card in deep shades of purple as purple and gothic always seem to me to be ideal.

The gorgeous flourish is cut with one of the new Tim Holt dies, the larger flower is a stunning prima one and the three smaller were just from my stash as were both bits of ribbon. Papers are from Basic Grey's Wisteria collection, mats courtesy of Nesties and coloured with promarkers, with a touch of distress ink for the shading on the background, and more promarkering for the edge of the mats.


Hope to be back later in the week with a challenge or two, but I do have the dentist on Monday, wish me luck.


Lin

5 comments:

  1. Lovely card. I really like the images, are they rubba or digi images? Your colouring if great I am particularly partial to purple myself Unfortunately I find it really difficult to read the purple print on your blog My poor old eyes just aren't up to it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lin The green makes it much easier to read Im off to look at your other posts now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card! It's fabby

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many gorgeous creations since my last visit Lin. I especially like this one with the gothic styling....Fab!
    Hugs
    Sandra x
    (I see you answered your own question on CTelly :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I told you before my lovely, absolutely gorgeous and I love it completely. Alex and I are really grateful and happy that you're all happy for us. Much loves mummy bear xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails