Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Friday 22 January 2010

Stampavie Birthday Boy



Today I completed my first ever easel card. I feel like such a dinosaur. How I didn't spot this trend is beyond me. I must have had my eyes shut for the last couple of months! Maybe it's because before Christmas I hardly came near my own, nor anyone else's blog being busy with Christmas prep!

Anyhow although an easel card was last week's Challenge theme for Stampavie and More I thought I would incorporate the style into this week's challenge which was a boy birthday card. Not sure if this means a card for a boy, or a card with a boy on it........ so mine, hopefully, covers both ideas.

I actually found this quite hard...... choosing papers that would co-ordinate at an odd angle, whilst not swamping the main focal point. Hopefully, now I have done one, it will get easier as this style of card is very attractive and gives a bigger area to decorate. Maybe I picked the wrong theme for my first one as boy is it hard doing a boy card! No flowers, no bows, no frilly bits. Why can't boys be more like us!

Anyhow enough of my drivel.

I chose a paper from Kanban's seasons' collection, and to go with it another sheet of the WRMK's Tiffany pad, well I had it out for the last card I did and the colour went really well. I put it through the BS with a leaves texture plate to tone in with the Kanban paper.The ribbon is from my stash and the birthday label and little tree which holds the card upright were also from Kanban's Seasons' collection.

The little frog is a button I thought went great with the stamp. He is called Froggy Gift from High Hopes and reminds me of a prank my neighbours' (now grown up) sons played on me when they were much younger, hiding three frogs in a watering can, on account of the fact I made the mistake of telling them how they terrified me! BOYS!!! Hideous little creatures, lol. I can still see their innocent little faces pretending like they didn't know how the frogs got there. Anyhow coloured with prismas and OMS, and matted with nesties. What did we ever do before nesties?

I included an extra pic of the front as that was another problem I found with this style, photographing it so it looked in proportion and not too dark.

Lin

5 comments:

  1. Great easel card Took me ages to work out the mechanics of them. When I eventually did I felt a bit daft as it was way easier than I imagined.
    Loving the papers and colours used making a perfect boy card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely Birthday-card!
    An adorable image and lovely colors.
    Thanks for joining us this week at Stampavie and More.
    I wish you a lovely week-end!
    Anne :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful card. Love the colours, think they are just right for a boys birthday card. Love the easel design too, and so much more space to cover with lovely papers!

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely boy birthday card. Thanks for joining us at SAM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card Lin!
    I have yet to make an easel card though I have admired them for months.
    Brill papers and the button is just perfect!
    Hugs
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails